If you’re citizen of non-European countries, you could enter Poland with biometric passport (if your country is on a list of countries, whose citizens are exempted from a visa requirement when entering Schengen Area) or with valid visa:

  • Schengen visa (marked with the symbol C) - entitles you to stay on the territory of the Schengen Zone (including Poland) up to 90 days within each 180-day period;
  • National visa (long-term visa; marked with the symbol D) - entitles you to entry and continuous stay on the territory of Poland or several consecutive stays lasting for a total of more than 90 days; the period of validity of a national visa may not exceed 1 year.

We offer you our help in preparing check-list of the documents, which will be needed to obtain visa, fulfillingthe visa application and booking an appointment in the Polish Embassy to submit the documets.


To obtain a work visa, you need a document that will confirm your intention to work in Poland. There are some documents, which could confirm that your purpose of stay in Poland is work.:

  • The seasonal work permit (type S) – for foreigners who intend to perform the so-called seasonal work (e.g. work in tourism, gardening, agriculture, etc.) for a period not exceeding 9 months;
  • Work permits (all types: A, B, C, D, E) – are issued for a maximum period of 3 years (an exception is a type B work permit - it may also be issued for a maximum period of 5 years);
  • The declaration on entrusting performance of work to the foreigner (applies to the citizens of: Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, Russia) - this document legalizes work of a foreigner who is a citizen of one of the abovementioned countries for a period not exceeding 6 months in the next 12 months.

Contact us, if you need advice or legal services.

If you want to find more about coming to Poland in the days of pandemic of Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), check the Coronavirus information.